Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Prairie Linen

Skirts are a staple in my closet. I have a maxi dress in my closet, and then a "going away" dress that I'm saving for when I'll be able to wear it. :) The rest are skirts. Well, and of course, shirts/blouses, and sweaters. When one wears skirts 99.99% of the time, it is easy to get into a rut of wearing the same skirt, or style of skirt.
When I saw my friend's "Emily Rose" skirt, I simply fell in love with the tiered style. Instead of the usual abundance of gathers, this was without and still retained graceful and winsome appearance of a tiered skirt. My friend was gracious to lend me information as to how she made it off of a friends skirt.
Just a few days later, a friend from church handed me a bag with a skirt parallel to the one I was wanting to recreate. This was the original source of these duplicates. I happily took measurements off of the original, grabbed my sister who modeled the skirt for me (I'm not quite down to her size, but I'm trying!) and was more excited about wearing my heels for the photo shoot than anything else. ;)

Just yesterday I was able to obtain fabric and sewed like a crazy lady to finish it. It went together so nicely, and must say that I am very happy with the way it turned out. My only reason for not keeping it myself would be that I think I'd like a brown like the original rather than a blue - I already own four denim skirts!

Take a look at it, and perhaps you'd like it for yourself?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! good job!