Sunday, September 10, 2006

Shawl Collar Dress



Well, I went ahead and made the Shawl Collar dress from Hint of History. And I absolutely love every thing about it! I wanted the View 1 look, but without the hassle of the buttons so I used the skirts from View 2.
As cautioned, I noted the measurements and while I always wear a certain size regardless of measurements (they always fit me just right), I decided that I was going to make this dress the size above what I usually wear. The size turned out just wonderful!
The pattern instructions are very easy to follow. I detest directions from regular commercial pattern. And here and there, made a few different things. Such as I used to wide of lace (it came from England using a 1812 lace machine and I wanted to use it badly enough that I don't mind it). I also added an extra snap on the inset, just because mine was wanted to open just a little bit there in the middle. And I was glad for the extra length on the skirt pattern, just because I like to add pinstripes to a lot of my historical apparel.
Want to make one now? =) See the link on the side bar (Hint of History) and it will take you to Amanda's site where she offers this pattern, and another cute dress pattern for girls!

No comments: