Monday, September 18, 2006

Thankful to be at home

Erin and I have been so blessed to be able to "come back home" in the last couple of months. For over 3 1/2 years, we both worked part-time at a small, Christian-owned discount grocery store. This spring we just really felt like the Lord was leading us homeward to devote more of our time as single women, so that we can more effectively bless our family and also earning an income from home.
Though we have had our sewing business for 6 years now, it does get slow for us from time to time. But the Lord opened up other outlets this year of teaching music which was been a new stretch for us, but such a blessing. It has truly been an answer to prayer for me, as I remember Erin just really wondering if we would be able to make enough income to pay for things, but I told her that I was trusting God to provide. Knowing that is this is what God was leading us to do (and I believe it is his desire for all women to cultivate skills in the home!), He will provide. =)
Just this week however, we went back for a couple days to the little store to fill in for someone who was wanting to go camping with the young man she is courting. And coming home from a long day's work just totally reaffirms that my place is in the home, and realized in a new way how much I delight in being home! It is so much more rewarding to see new nightgowns made to send to a sewing customer, pulling out freshly baked bread out of the oven, tending to the gardens, and all the little joys that fill my day, rather than being stuck inside a building working a cash register all day! =)

No comments: