Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Looking for an embroidery site


I am in the midst of looking for an embroidery site that would show you how to do basic stitches. Are there any sites like that out there that someone could recommend? Anything would be appreciated, as I am working on a sampler that was started long ago and am nearly finished with it except for the knots (are they french knots?) that are to be in the centers of the daisies, and I can't remember how to do them. I have tried, but it ends up turning into a tangled mass of thread. =)
And while I have your attention, =) do any of you of a site that offers free embroidery patterns for pillow cases, napkins, etc that aren't very intricate?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a link with instructions on basic embroidery stitches, including the french knot:
http://www.needlenthread.com/2006/07/basic-embroidery-stitches-detached.html

Here's another on basic embroidery:
http://www.craftown.com/instruction/embroidery.htm

This site is for embroidering with ribbon and includes the french knot:
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/rb_other/article/0,2025,DIY_14219_2269666,00.html

What a beautiful blog you have here, by the way! Very encouraging!

Most sincerely,
Mrs. Wayne Hunter

Cheri said...

Thanks so much for the website links ... I can hardly wait to check them out =)

Thanks for the encouragment as well!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

My pleasure, Ma'am!

Karin said...

I prefer using books, and if you can find used ones, Erica Wilson's Embroidery Book from 1973 is very good. I bought one on ebay. She also has an older one, Crewel Embroidery from the early 1960s that is excellent. Sorry, but no help with patterns as I usually draw my own.
Karin

Cheri said...

Hi Karin! Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to keep my eye open for that book.