Ah yes, this has been what I have been working on this week. For months now I have had this ivory silk duponi fabric sitting on my table. I have been scared to sew it for two reasons: one being, the fabric nearly cost an arm and a leg, and second, what if I ruined it in the process of making a gown? But with violin lessons coming up next month, and needing the finances for them (after not having the money for lessons this month), I decided to be brave and sew it up.
Surprsingly, sewing with 100% silk is not at all difficult, although there were a few times I was afraid it would unravel before I could get the serger to the newly sewed seams!
So within a week or so, I hope to list this Regency gown that was made with inspiration from Lizzie's Netherfield ball gown on the A&E Pride and Prejudice, a green velvet spencer jacket, and stays up on ebay. I already have a couple things up there now, and have hopes that the upcoming items will sell well before the end of the month.
EDIT: I have decided to list the items as I finish them, and so here be the listing for this gown.
Here's the Alabama Chanin Wrap Dress
16 hours ago