Monday, April 28, 2008

Where's Waldo Cheri?

Where has she disappeared and what has she been up to?

If you can believe it, I only sewed up one item last week, and that was a skirt (I'll post pictures once my sister downloads them from her camera). Last week I did however get some inspiration for some sewing projects:

  • One of attending a Colonial Living History day down in the big city put on by a church and homeschoolers. As you all know, trying a Colonial era gown has seemed a bit daunting for me, but after some inspiration from a couple ladies from S&S combined with seeing some gorgeous gowns a few days ago, I have decided to plunge in and give it a go. The general census is that the J.P. Ryan patterns are good and not to difficult, so whenever I get some extra funds I'll be purchasing a couple patterns from there, using this fabric.
  • Second was getting the 1910's Tea Gown pattern as a birthday gift. The Edwardian and 19-teens era would probably be my favorite era's, and I have always admired the pictures shown on the website. I adore the floaty layers of sheer chiffon pastels... Anybody up for a tea party? =)

Right now I have a lot going on outside of the sewing room ... a garden to think about, a violin audition in about two weeks, the possibility of being out of town next week ... so I don't know how much I'll post this week, since I'm not sure how much time I'll devote to my fabric and machines. =) We shall see...

In the meantime, I knocked some $ off of a few items in my shop to clear them out of here, and make way for some new stuff.

No comments: