Monday, December 29, 2008

Coming back to life

For several months the sewing room has been deadly quiet, but now that Erin is back from being a nanny out of state and I'm home for a little bit, it's fun to walk into a sewing room with projects on the table, bits and pieces of fabric and thread in the trash can, the room warming up because of the iron being on ... it seems to give me some renewed inspiration to sew. =)

Perhaps you saw that I added a tea cup apron and a country blue plaid apron to my shop online. I actually was quite motivated today and completed both of them with lots more time to work on something else. But now I'm trying to decide what I should work on next. =) More aprons? Or maybe sew up some peasant shirts or tote bags? And I can't forget my stash pile either. I'd like to work on that pile next month.

4 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

woo-hoo!! The sewing room back to life. :) I can't wait to be inspired again.

And ahhh...I was just a hoping to revive my sewing room tomorrow.

Can't wait to see more :) I'm sure whatever you decide to do 'next' will be just perfect!

~ Shannon said...

I really need to spend some time in the sewing room tomorrow, so thank you for some added motivation! :-) I can't wait to see the projects you work on -- I love the two aprons you just listed!

Yours in Christ,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

I want to buy that teacup apron, but can't, because of living in Canada. Do you ship to Canada at all? I'd be happy to pay all the extra shipping. :)

Let me know.

e_bach1989@yahoo.ca

Cheri said...

Ruth Ann,

That's so kind of you! I'm glad that people find themselves inspired to sew by reading my blog.

Shannon,

My pleasure! What are you currently working on?

BTW, are you going to the SAICFF? There is a slim chance that I might go, and if you are, I'd love to meet you!

Elisabeth,

Yes, I ship outside of the US when people request it. I added a shipping option for Canada on that apron, just so you know. =)