Thursday, January 29, 2009

It Became a UFO

Well my dear ladies, I took the 70's shirt out of the trash to work on it some more, and I finished it up, but it looks like a UFO, ie, an Unidentified Foreign Object on me. I love the front style, the long bell sleeves (!) but the way the pattern is designed, needs some help. I think I'll keep the pattern and use it sometime in aid to draft up another shirt that looks like a shirt.

Now what do I want to work on? Something Edwardian, something Renaissance, something modern, something else? Maybe I should just go to JoAnns to pick up some muslin for my Regency bodiced petticoat.

10 comments:

Naomi T. said...

That is so funny! I've had clothes that looked like that on me. hehe...

You're so talented. :-)

Rachel said...

Renaissance? When did you start being interested in that period, and what are you thinking of doing? :)

Cheri said...

Naomi,

Talented? Making UFO clothing isn't really what I want to be making! LOL! =D

Rachel,

I'm not interested in it! Well, that is to say, I've been watching the new Narnia movies and some of the gowns are so amazing. Makes me wish I could wear one and fight some battle...

That aside, Ryan is on the drama team at school (they're doing Robin Hood, or so I heard) and needs a Renaissance outfit. Guess who's going to make it? =P

Leah Christine Imagery said...

LOL!! I like that: UFO, ie, an Unidentified Foreign Object

Naomi T. said...

LOL!... I wasn't just referring to the UFO sewing project. :-) Should have clarified. ;-)

Cheri said...

I was just teasing, Naomi. ::winks::

Naomi T. said...

*laughs*

Theo-Ann said...

thanks for posting my blog on yours. I'm new at this blogging thing, but I'm really enjoying it. I've got several other posts on sewing, so take a look.:) I'll have to check in on yours now and then to see what you're working on.:)

Anonymous said...

hi Cheri! thank you.. i love my kids a lot and they make me smile too! We are in florida at the moment and have been for the past two weeks... so thus the beach pictures! :-)

Laura said...

That's too bad -- from the pattern illustration, it looks like it has potential! I've enjoyed going back and looking at your past projects, too. Many, many pretty things! :-)