Monday, April 20, 2009

Sweet Pea's and Spring Gardening

It has been a glorious spring season these days, surrounding our little cottage. Refreshing spring showers, beautiful skies overhead with floating "marshmellows" across it, a curtain being teased in the bedroom window from the fresh light breeze outside, and the melodies of the birds drifting in that serenades yours truly and drives my little persian to hysterics. Poor thing; she'd love to eat one for lunch!

Last weekend I started working on our vegetable garden area. It isn't very large, but large enough to grow several plants of tomatoes, lettuce, onions, peas, and so forth. Today I'll be adding a third layer (after the manure and compost) of coffee grounds, and maybe plant my peas and lettuce.

By no means have I neglected my sewing room over the last several days however. It was turned upside down and rearranged, added a few things, and when I can get on the main computer, I'll share some picture for you. In the mean time, if you don't have any gardens of your own to work on, take a look in the cottage as I added a "Sweet Pea" Gracie apron last evening. I do so love the color combinations.

What are your favorite colors to put together?

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Hi Cheri! I'm new to your blog and have loved what I've seen so far! Esp. this apron!!! I'd buy it if I had the money for it!!

Sarah said...

Ooh, fun! :) Spring is such a wonderful time of year!

I like so many color combos but use so many of the same over and over again - cream and green, tan and pink, white and blue, pale green and lilac. . .as I look around my house those are the colors I see the most! And the colors I wear the most!:)

YayaOrchid said...

Cheri, I love seeing pictures of pets. Would you share some pics of your feline buddy with us? I love Persian cats!

Unknown said...

I, too, am so happy that Spring is here and the weather is warmer... I love the apron - the colours are very Spring and work so well together! :) Have a blessed day!

Cheri said...

Hello Samantha!

It's nice to "meet" you! =) Just out of curiousity, how did you stumble across my blog?

Sarah,

Oooo, I love those color combos too. Isn't it funny out things like that affect our house and wardwobe? Without a doubt, blue is our family's favorite color as that is what we decorate with and mostly wear. ::winks::

Yaya Orchid,

Sure, I'd be happy to either find some pictures or take a couple to share. And actually I have two persians. =)

Emily,

Thankyou so much. =) You have a fabulous day as well!

Samantha said...

I found your blog through Janna's blog...The Joy of Home. :D