Saturday, May 01, 2010

Vintage Pretties

Yesterday Mom and I went antique looking/shopping, and these are a few pretties I pick up for a grand total of just a few dollars. Who can resist mother of pearl buttons, anyway?

And isn't this the sweetest little coat?! I'm guessing 50s or 60s, maybe?
Take a look at the fabric, and ribbon detail on the collar! Did I mention that it is lined, too?

The greatest purchase of the day, of which my dear mother got before I could make claims on it, is this lovely oak bookcase. She and I are the readers in our family, and though my collection is swiftly growing, she has books on her closet shelf, on her walk-in closet floor, on the floor in her bedroom, and on half of the bed! Yes. She needed it more than I did.


It may not be real old-old, but when you can't get oak wood for as cheap as the glass enclosed bookcase was (and did I mention that it was on sale too?), why who could say no? And yes, this picture was taken as we were putting books in. She still has a vast majority of books that we couldn't squeeze in.

She'll just have to get another bookcase.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Dear Cheri,
That little coat is so darling! Don't you just love vintage and thrift stores? You just never know what treasures you might find!
Blessings,
Laura

Samantha said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the little coat!!! Just DARLING!

Chezvies said...

The little coat is a darling..soo pretty:)