Tuesday, August 03, 2010

A Time to Breathe, a Time to Relax

Mother is home. She and my older sister went out east for nearly two weeks, and I while she was gone, I got to fill in the role of "mom" which is partly why I did that series of button-showcasing. With doing meals, laundry, cleaning, errands, appointments, church picnics ... there just wasn't anytime to sew!

Now that she is home, I should have some more time to catch up on some reading (if you love antiquarian books as much as I do, be sure to visit Lanier's new bookshop! Oh to have money to spend on books!!!) and of course, turn my sewing machine back on. Believe it or not, I have nearly a dozen aprons cut out and ready to sew from just about all of my apron patterns so keep your eyes peeled on the shop this month as I seek to fill it up.

Should get back to my garden. For weeks (months?) I've barely been out there, and just this morning I was able to get a good half of it done. Believe me it was no small chore, yet in a way, being out there is relaxation too. Oh yes, there were bugs in there too that I've only seen in Science books from when I was in school, and my garden has always been for the most part bug and creepy-crawly free. ::ahem:: Yes, it was that bad my dears!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll have more free time now :)

I love Lanier's new bookshop... I need to visit her place again :)

What happened to your quilting post? I wanted to comment!;)

Enjoy your garden; I know how much work they can be but oh, the rewards!

Cheri said...

I deleted the post only because it made my blog look messy. ;)