Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mama's Granola

We girls love it when friends out east share their recipes with us. These friends are well known for being good cooks. Several years back when Mom was out visiting them, they served her their peanut butter granola and Mom was given the recipe for it too.

Growing up, I detested peanut butter with a passion. There is even a little story I could tell you that included an escaping from a bed room window but I won't tell you the rest. ::wink:: As I've gotten older, as in the last year or two, I find that I LOVE peanut butter. So yes, I really like this recipe. :)





♥ Peanut Butter Granola ♥

Mix:

• 10 cups oatmeal
• 2 cups coconut
• 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups brown sugar

Mix and heat on stove:

• 3/4 cup peanut butter
• 1 cup oil
• 1 cup cream
• 2 Tablespoons vanilla

Pour heated "wet" column over dry ingredients.

Bake at 300 degrees for 30-45 minutes.



Enjoy and a Happy Tuesday to you all!

No comments: