Saturday, December 22, 2012

Calicos in the Shop

Yesterday I spent most of the day in the sewing room (when I wasn't, I was teaching violin) and had fun cutting into new fabrics. When Mother-dear and I went to JoAnn's the other day, I was horrified to see how much fabric has gone up in price! Why it seems like just yesterday we all of us girls were buying blue calico to match family friends of ours for Easter Sunday and only paid $3.99 a yard (and probably used a 50% off coupon!). The cheapest price I saw was $6 a yard for ugly and cheap feeling yardage. Feel special that I didn't change the price on these aprons even though I used premium cotton.
 
I finished two aprons and listed them yesterday in the late afternoon/evening hour:
 
This one in the 1930s style reminds me of the springtime in Georgia when the the skies are often grey with a cool drizzle, but the pink and white dogwoods trees bloom on in profusion.

This one just seems like a classic 1950s calico apron that you'd find hanging from a cabinet in a antique store. The fabric almost looks like a vintage print.

Now I'm off to start baking our Christmas cutout cookies. I have a whole entire post in the works designated just for the baking endeavors I've done since I've been home. Stay tuned!

No comments: