Sunday, May 04, 2014

'Tis the Season

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1 


In a couple of days my younger brother will be a college graduate.
In a couple of weeks my youngest sister will graduate from highschool.

And in other news, the lilacs will (hopefully) be in full bloom for my sister's open house party. One may or may not feel as though they have a small taste of Mackinac Island. Last I counted we have 17 bushes in 6 or 7 different varieties ranging from 6 feet tall to 6 inches tall.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a blessing to have so many lilac bushes!! They smell beautiful. We have two lilac bushes at our home, and the leaves are just beginning to bud. I cannot wait for them to blossom. : )

-Sarah

Cheri said...

Sarah, aren't they fun? What color are your bushes?There were 4 when we first moved to our house and I guess over the years we just plant one here, one there. ;) Our youngest bushes (ie. the 6" ones) came over from Mackinac Island when our family was there last year, and while it will probably be a few years until they're big enough to have blossoms, we're just grateful that they made it through the winter.

Sarah said...

Cheri,

We have a huge white bush and a smaller purple bush.

I would love to visit Mackinac Island some day. The photos I have seen are so lovely. How special to have lilacs from there!!

-Sarah