Sunday, July 20, 2014

Joy & Peace


"For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
 Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the Lord for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off." Isaiah 10-13


Often quoted are the two verses just before these ones. The ones that speak of God's thoughts and ways that are higher than our own, but the above verses are just as full of promise and hope if you really think about it. God's Word is true and not some source of floating bubbles to try to catch and hold onto in hopes of it not breaking, but something that goes far beyond the visible to the invisible … and works in wondrous ways.

One of those wondrous ways is that it's looking more and more probable that I'll be back in school this fall. Most of you know that I've been home working this past school year (hence, my irregular blog posts!) and have been working towards my tuition for the college I'm transferring to. I can't tell you how exciting it is to see details starting to fall into place.

If you could help me out with the fruition of a small, but important detail, I'd like to ask if you might help spread the word about my etsy shop. All of the proceeds (obviously) go to my college fund and it would honestly be nice to have it emptied by the time I leave, Lord willing, next month. I'd rather not lug around shop items with me to the east coast! :) I'll be going through some personal historical clothing that have been lying around, and hope to get those up in the next couple of weeks.

If you're needing some "bait" to throw out to your FB friends, blog readers, or whoever, I'm offering free shipping to all US customers on any order, any size.

No comments: