I think has joined the ranks of one of the most complicated things I done with sewing. Not hard, just complicated. The pattern was very easy to understand, and to put together.
This one features a netting-insert in the bodice with lace following the seam line, leg-o-mutton sleeves (they ended up not having any gathers where the sleeves and cuffs meet, since I had alter the cuffs, and forgot to do so to the sleeves).
The pattern suggests pearl buttons, but I decided to go the cheaper way with some clouded white ones that have a little trim around the edges.
On my sewing agenda, I have the following items that I'd like to sew within the next couple weeks:
- 1909 Beatrix Walking Skirt (to sell along with this shirtwaist, on ebay)
- 2 aprons using some vintage fabric
- a plaid jumper for the autumn season
- a peasant shirt to go along with my brown corduroy skirt.
- a couple Regency gowns to sell on ebay
Stay tuned for reports and pictures of these! =)