Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Addictions?

Over on the S&S board, there is a hilarious thread going on of ladies confessing their addictions. Most of the the addictives? Fabric and patterns. Maybe you can relate? I will confess that I can. As someone suggested in the thread, companies need to print on their patterns or at the end of the fabric bolt: WARNING: highly addictive! =)

After posting somewhere else of how I really need to cut back on sewing due to music pursuits, I visit Laura's blog to find this perfect winter skirt. =) Don't you just love it?! It's totally "me," and so if I were her size, I'd probably beg her if I could buy it from her. =) Especially considering that the pattern she used is out of print! Now I know what I'll be looking for on ebay and thrift stores. Does anyone have one that they don't want??? =)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Cheri, I'm glad you like it so much! The good news is, I think I figured out why I initially didn't like the look of the skirt -- the corduroy is a tad stiff so it "poofs" a bit more than I like. I think I will try taking some of the fullness out at the sides and that should make it look more like I originally envisioned.

I sent you a U2U on the S&S board with more specs about the pattern, and I'm sure you'll have no trouble making one yourself. I look forward to seeing your version! :)

Rachel said...

It's a pretty skirt--I wouldn't have thought of using that type of pattern in a corduroy. Might have to try it sometime.

Cheri said...

Thanks again, Laura, for all your help! =) I will be washing my corduroy this afternoon, and hope to cut it out too if I have time today. I'll probably cut down on the width too. I'll be sure to post pictures once I'm done!

Rachel, I would have never thought of the idea either, but I love the way it looks.