Friday, April 04, 2008

Spring Church Dress

I got on a roll with sewing this afternoon, and I finished up a dress that I was going to have done for Easter. I never did get it done in time. I had the top part finished, but didn't feel like doing the skirts, putting in a zipper up until today... =)

It is a polyester (Simply Silky) from JoAnn's that I picked up on sale last year; it looked so cheery, and springish! And sorry, but I don't have any pattern numbers for this dress since a friend of mine gave me her's and I almost want to say that she made it up. But it is a princess-seam style dress with short sleeves, and straight, a-line style skirts with darts.


I thought on the chilly days, my Land's End sweater, which was a $3 thrift store find, would pair up nicely with it:

10 comments:

Mom said...

Very pretty. The sweater is a nice touch.

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

What a beautiful dress! You did a great job.

Lady Ruth Ann said...

oh the dress is so pretty! I LOVE the colors, very nice & springy. You must have a good thrift store, that's a great find, and so lovely. You're making me want to sew!! (I can but life has been busy...:)

Lauren Christine said...

Such pretty colors! :)

Mamselle Duroc said...

Beautiful! And, yes, that sweater is just a perfect match!

---Clare

Leah said...

Cuteness!

Tilly said...

I just love that dress! And the sweater is just the perfect touch...such a beautiful shade of blue!

Cheri said...

Aw, you all know how to cheer someone up after a long stressfull day yesterday! Thankyou. =)

Sarah Jane Meister said...

That is lovely! The color of the sweater is so perfect for picking up the color in the dress. They look like they were meant for each other. :)

Glad your finger is doing better!

Cheri said...

Thanks, Sarah! Yes, I was so excited to see that the sweater matched so perfectly. =) I like it when things happen like that!