Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Almost done!

Well, I wish I could say that I finished the sundress Saturday night, but I didn't. I didn't have another covered-button-thingy, I learned after sewing half of the bias to the sash that I am about 5" short, and I didn't do the hem.
But that is what it looks like so far. =) Erin came to my rescue and let me have one of her unused covered buttons, so I could sew the buttons on now, and the skirt has been draping for well over 24 hours (I recently learned that sometimes it's good to let flared skirts hang before finishing them? For easier hemming or something?). And so far I haven't been able to get out and buy red bias, so it will have to wait a day or two until it is completed.

I'm curious how the original front looks like, but I made an insert that I slip-stitched to the white cotton lining inside. So even though the buttons could be working buttons, they won't be. That's what I have the zipper in the back for. =)


4 comments:

Kristy said...

The dress is SO pretty! What a wonderful job you did!

Ruth Ann said...

I absolutely love the fabric you used!! :) And your dress is turning out so very pretty. May I ask - are you planning on using it as a dress "as-is" or are you going to wear it like a jumper?

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely beautiful!! So cute! It was great seeing you guys last night.

Sarah

Cheri said...

Thanks girls!

Yes, Ruth Ann, I will more than likely be wearing this as a jumper. =)