Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Musican Tote Bag - Revisited

Does anyone remember my first attempt at making this "Musician Tote Bag" this past spring? I really liked it except for two things: the really long shoulder strap and the ribbon loop closure that seemed a little ... wacky, maybe?
For a long time now, I have admired this messenger bag pattern, but have never been quite willing to spend $12 for a pattern that I could design myself. So with that thought, I started thinking more, and cutting into fabric,
and wala!!
The inside is just one big pocket to hold many books, with room for lots more!

The front pockets hold my metronome, music flashcards, and other things perfectly!


I love the easy front closure of just wrapping a ribbon around a button. I also LOVE the Heather Bailey fabrics combined with a brown twill. Mmm, just perfectly suited for each other!




Oh yes, and the shoulder strap is a perfect length. I have a feeling that this thing is going to go with me everywhere from now on! =)

3 comments:

Kristy said...

How CUTE! Very creative idea. :-)

Amber D.M. said...

Where do you find the Heather Bailey fabrics? Do you have to purchase them directly from her website or is it something you can find at Joann's or Hancock?

The bag is adorable. I love the fabric you used inside.

Cheri said...

Thanks to you both! =)

Amber, I purchased my fabrics off of etsy since if I really watch the listings, I can get them for about $6.50 to $7 a yard. I wish JoAnn's or Hancocks would sell them!