Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Making progress

Still have an insecure and pregnant mama cat, and so I've been using my time of sitting near her, by doing a lot of hand sewing and I just added the sleeves to the bodice this morning (a backview):
I just love how the sleeves fit into the armholes like a glove! In previous makings of this dress, I felt like the sleeve wasn't in there properly or something. Turns out that the pattern did indeed have a couple of wrong markings, but they have been remedied, and now I can actually enjoy putting these sleeves in!

Now to just figure out how to do french seams on the armcycle of the sleeves...

EDIT: Okay, never mind. Apparently what I'm doing is called "flat-felled" seams, and not french seams. As they say, "you learn something new every day!" =) And I think I'm going to make some same-fabric bias tape, and use that to bind the inside of sleeves.

3 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous! I can only imagine how beautiful it will look when all the parts are together and finished. What fabric is that you're using, it's so nice with what looks like hemstitching or pintuck details. I assume the fabric came like that already. Your hand sewing is exquisite!

YayaOrchid said...

Ok, I read in your previous post that you used sheer voile. May I ask where you purchased it? It's so fine and pretty. And it does look a lot like the fabric used in the film.

Cheri said...

Aww, thankyou. =) It does take ALOT of time, but it is fun at the same time. I purchased the voile fabric at JoAnn's nearly a year ago, and I think it was a Red Tag fabric.