Only one picture to share with you that my younger sister quickly took before heading to church yesterday morning.
As I mentioned in this post, I have long wanted to make a skirt like Anne's, and I think I got as close as I could with what I had. Yes, the 1909 “Beatrix” Skirt Pattern could have been used, but for practicality reasons and wanting to not sport a look of 100 years ago, I decided to use my basic a-line skirt pattern by lengthening it, making the hem fuller, adding a bias flounce, and 3 teensy-tiny pin tucks.
So paired with a top that was given to me, my vintage-looking heels, and a blue sweater in case the weather turned chilly (in which it did!), I had a fabulous day yesterday wearing both modern and old-fashioned.
Oil Painting: Sunflowers
6 days ago