Thursday, March 25, 2010

Frippery or not!


Frippery: something trivial or nonessential

Sorry to have burst someones bubble out there, but aprons are not frippery! They are indeed very useful. While most would wear aprons in the kitchen or out in the gardens, they are ever so useful while cleaning, or painting.


(My sister wearing a Ginnie apron when painting the sewing room last month)

What a delight it was to find out that Shannon was putting together her own lovely apron design into an e-pattern for apron-savy peope like me who can download a file, print, tape, and wala! a pattern! Imagine my thrill when she was hosting a giveaway for one of these patterns, and I won it. My version of it is in my etsy shop; now that I have the real macoy. =)

While I'm in the mode of sharing links this afternoon, I was blog hopping the other day and found this clever idea of repurposing T-shirts.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh, I agree that aprons are not frippery - they're an essential part of daily life, especially in the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

I agree; they are most useful; even for outside the kitchen!