Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sunshine, Rain Droplets, and Travel

This week my grandparents flew in to visit us, but mainly to be here for my brother's graduation this weekend. That's means there will be four down and three to go (yes, there are seven children in our family, and we love it!). Much of our time has been outside doing yard work, dodging spring showers and thunderstorms.

These are bleeding hearts from one of my plants that didn't get hit by frost earlier this month.


For the next two weeks I'll be in the state of hot weather and southern accents, also referred to as Texas. Never been to it, let alone been down south (unless you count southern California, where we lived for a number of years, as "down south"), so I think it will be interesting!

OH! And I forgot to menton earlier this week that there is a 10% sale going on in my etsy shop this week ending on Saturday, as I already mentioned that I'll be gone for the following 14 days or so, and the shop will be closed during that time. Just thought I should say something. =)

5 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

what a pretty picture of gorgeous flowers! :) my brother just graduated highschool last week...good times in the family!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your brother! I also have a brother graduating this weekend- tomorrrw! And my little sis is graduating from 8th grade; wow, how did that happen?

There are 7 in our family; 5 down and 2 to go! :)

We've been dodging spring showers here almost every other day!

Nathan said...

Tell Ryan congratulations, I'm sure he is glad to be finished with school. My best wishes and prayers go with him.
I don't know if you will like TX or not, I grew up in Dallas and it is a crazy town!! Maybe too crazy!

Crystal Arcand said...

What part of Texas will you be in? I'm in East Texas. Where you are in Texas most definitely has an impact on your perception of it!

Nathan said...

I second what Crystal said,
I used to hang out in Winsboro, TX and it is quieter and prettier than my home town (Dallas) and the pace is slower, it's a really nice place!

I also went to school in Nacogdoches, TX and it has a flavor all it's own. These towns would be prettier though, cause they are on the green side of the state.