Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Tropical Smoothie

One of my all-time favorite drinks in the summer is a homemade smoothie. Yes, even more than the coffee-raspberry frapps at Starbucks.
One of the places that I work at is now carrying organic fruits and vegetables over the weekend, and so while my family is on vacation, I stocked the fridge, freezer, and counters with such good things for one's body.

One of the treats that I picked up were mango's being sold for 3 for $1. I bought a bunch to cut up and freeze for smoothies, which I added in the recipe below.
--roughly 1/4 to 1/3 cup orange juice (I didn't measure)
--1 small organic banana
--1 frozen 6oz. carton of coconut yogurt (Liberte' brand)
--1 frozen organic mango, chopped
Blend juice and banana until creamy. Add yogurt and blend until smooth. Add mango and blend until there are no more chunks. This will be deliciously thick.
Pour into a vintage ice cream or soda glass, a strawberry to perch on the side and to eat later, and a fun colored straw if you're going for color. I prefer my fruit smoothies thick, so I eat mine right away with a spoon. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm goood! There's nothing better!