Monday, June 06, 2011

Pictorial View of a Tea Party

Originally my plans were to have a tea party out on the lawn near the gardens, but with temperatures rising in the 90s, I knew we ladies and the chocolate would melt. The a large majority of the guest list were unable to come or never responded, so that meant we could have it in our dining room, much to every one's delight! It made for a more intimate setting with dear people.
Pansy's and a few books greeted guests at the door:
The decorated room...
...with lots of teas to choose from!
Treats of chocolate sticks, chocolate marshmellow cakes, cucumber sandwiches, and scones were served.
Of course there had to be fresh mock Clotted Cream!
with homemade cherry jam,
and fresh organic blackberries to perch on top!
We also had clotted cream & butter biscuits,
and peach iced tea if we wanted something cold to drink.
Alas, there are no pictures of the tea party in action. We were to busy stuffing ourselves with these delightful treats and teas! :)

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks like it was delightful! :)

Rachel said...

Oh, looks so yummy! Sorry we weren't able to make it. :(

Anonymous said...

OOh Cheri, looked like so much fun!
I would of loved to be there with all of you ladies!
Love Irene

Anglican Mama said...

Oh so much fun! Everything looks so lovely, I'm sure it was refreshing for all of you. :) I love tea parties.

Lisa said...

Oh... how fun and feminine and friendly. You're a domestic princess! Love you~Lisa

Laura said...

How gorgeous, Cheri! I'm sure your friends were immensely blessed by all your efforts.

Cheri said...

Lindsey, it definately was fun. To bad you didn't live closer, or I would have invited you too!

Rachel, we too were sorry that you girls couldn't come. Hopefully it won't be another 12 years before I can host another one. ;)

Irene, it was quite fun! Especially with it being the first real one to to host. If only blog readers didn't live to far away!

Jen, it's nice to hear from you! :) I love tea parties too, and if you lived closer, I'd been happy to send you an invite!

Lisa, I thought of you alot that day. Thankfully no water spillage! ;) It was so good to catch up a week or so ago. Much love to you!

Laura, be certain that if you were around, you would have been on the guest list! :) I made your scones again and received many compliments towards them. Blessings on your day, dear friend!

Mrs. U said...

Hi there!
I just discovered your blog and it is so lovely!

Your tea looks beautiful! I am sure all the ladies had a wonderful time.

Any chance you would share your mock clotted cream recipe? I've never had the "real" thing and would love to try this!

His,
Mrs. U