Saturday, July 09, 2011

Saturday's Treasures

It's hard to believe that in about a month's time I will be back down south for my second semester of college. Am I excited? Oh yes! :) I have been doing some deep cleaning again (I didn't realize how much I can be a pack rat!) and most of it has been thrown away or distributed to local thrift stores. Don't ask me how I ended up with way to many tote bags, ill-fitting shoes, or piles of old sheet music, birthday cards from eons (ie, to many years) ago, etc.

In the process of cleaning, I've discovered that I've needed a few new clothes to take along with me. There is only one thing in my closet that I have made myself (quite surprising to all you seamstresses I'm sure), and 99.99% of my wardrobe comes from thrift stores or consignment shops. Therefore, some items tend to wear out faster than normal being that they are used. Since this discovery over the course of a few years, this year I've made it a point to only buy quality brand names from thrift stores, and only buy when the color tag is 50% off that particular day.
My favorite brands? Banana Republic, The Limited, and Ann Taylor Loft. The quality is long lasting, and I love the classic, professional, and timeless styles that, for the most part, these stores offer. Today's treasures were two skirts: a knee-length pencil style silk one for summer, and a lovely cream wool (perfect for winter!) in subtle plaid that is mid-calf in length. While these skirts may not be from the 2011 collection, I'm thankful that they look to have been hardly worn, if ever, at all. My total bill was $8.

"Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things." Matthew 6:30-32

2 comments:

Marci said...

Praise the Lord! What a blessing! Sounds like one for the journal. :o>

Cheri said...

It IS a blessing! :) God is so good to clothe, and take care of us.