Friday, March 16, 2012

Busy Hands

"Can't we turn off the light?!" asked my sister numerous times when watching Downton Abbey in the evenings. Not all of the time, but usually I like to keep my hands busy when I'm sitting down for several hours watching movies.

Over six years ago a friend taught me the lost art of tatting and within an evening or so I completed my first tatted bookmark in the shape of a heart. If one does knitting, crocheting, or anything else that requires two hands, she assured me that tatting will often come easily to a new tatter.

Ever since I've been tatting more than knitting and crocheting. It's very portable, requires very little space, and not to mention quite fun. I haven't made lace or doilies yet due to time constraints, but I'm content with making bookmarks.





I have four collections in the shop this evening, but wanted to let you know that I take private custom requests as well, so please ask if you're interested!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Those are beautiful, Cheri! I've been keeping an eye on your shop and absolutely LOVE the paisley and the Edwardian aprons!!!

My sister and I added you to our Etsy circle. So if you get a lot of favorites from SewGoodPhotography, yeah, that's us. LOL

Cheri said...

Hi Samantha! Thankyou for sharing. I'm flattered to know that you and your sister enjoy what I put up in my etsy shop. :)