Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dress It Up - A Pop of Color

Does anyone else find Pinterest helpful, fun, inspirational, and yes I'll say it: addicting? :) I thought I'd do a weekly post on Saturday's called "Dress It Up" by sharing inspiration that I get from Pinterest and how it effects my wardrobe but without having to spend an arm and a leg to do it.

Today's inspiration is either called "A Pop of Color" or "Colors Mix-matched."

This outfit not only grabbed me because I have a canary-yellow purse in the same shade as this one, but I never would have thought of pairing it with a grass green coat. It looks fabulous though, and the yellow adds such a happy tone to an otherwise dreary winter setting.


A couple of weeks ago I decided to be bold and put together something that I never would have considered wearing together. Wearing a slate blue turtleneck, a jean skirt, and a black & white weave sweater, I paired it with a mustard orange scarf.

Pop of color? Check.

While out doing errands that day (as you can see my royal blue purse on my shoulder and finishing a cup of tea as I was heading out) I received at least one compliment on the ensemble so it must not have been a hideous choice.

Would you ever put blue and mustard together? Go try it! :)

No comments: