Monday, March 12, 2012

Edwardian Inspired Heels

Over the weekend, I brought home some Edwardian looking heels made in early 1990s (?) from the thrift store and as soon as my youngest sister saw them, she looked at me seriously and said, "I think we're watching to much of Downton Abbey."


But shes loves Downton Abbey AND the shoes as much as I do. I'll have to keep her from stealing them. ::winks::

Having grown up on Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, Road to Avonlea series, I found myself quite at home watching Downton Abbey (other than those dreadful scenes to fast-forward). Being predominately English,I have been glued to it and find the culture very appealing. My father has been to England on many occasions because of his job, and he tells us that it is like a home away from home for him. Of course we girls beg him to take us one of these days. ("Daddy, it would be a perfect summer vacation!")

Finishing the 2nd season just last night, I'm full of inspiring ideas to go through my patterns and fabric stash to make up something from the 1912-1918 time period. Having patterns from Sense & Sensibility as well as Hint of History I'm trying to decide what to make. No worries, you'll hear about it all when I get to it. :)

Post-script: A blog reader kindly notified that she couldn't post any comments, and after looking into it, it was a dreadful error on my part and the issue has been resolved. I am now gladly welcoming comments. :)

1 comment:

Naomi T. said...

I love those shoes. :) They're very old fashioned. I wore something similar for the wedding but mine were from the 70's and they lace up.

About the comments: I know I've had issues with comment posting on my blog as well. Blogger has been having some issues. I have mine fixed for now but it took me awhile to figure it out. Lol.