Friday, April 06, 2012

In Glorious Bloom

Spring has arrived at least 3-4 weeks early because of the unseasonably warm weather we've had. I can't complain since it's my favorite season of all. There is color everywhere around our cottage, and thought I'd share some of that beauty through pictures (none of them have been edited or enhanced in anyway).

This is our tulip bed, which also contains hyacinths and grape hyacinths. Both are for the most part done for the year, but our tulips have showcased their loveliness all week. We have reds, yellows, whites, and purples. During the summer we'll plant annuals in this bed. I'm thinking red geraniums.


On of our blossoming tree's that we are often taken back by every spring. The fragrance of their blossoms is incredible. When we have a warmer evening, I love to open up my bed room window for awhile to savor the aroma.


Another bed that hold spring bulbs and other perennials. That large patch of rocks will be full of salmon and apricot colored tulips next year.


What's blooming at your house this week?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Cheri,

Your photos are gorgeous! How I would love to have a flowering tree someday. We have several daffodils in bloom, and our tulips are just beginning to open. May you have a blessed weekend!

-Sarah