Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Peck of Peppers

The year in which Cheri's garden decided to produce peppers (orange and yellow bell peppers, and mini multi-colored sweet peppers were planted) was the year that Cheri was away in college.
 
In previous years I was lucky if my plant grew 8 inches, and VERY lucky if it produced a pepper (though it ended rotting on the plant anyway). And these were plants from a greenhouse that I tried growing!
 
Must be this year's success is due to saving/drying my own seeds, and God's good, good blessing.
 

My family says they go out every day to pick several, and they taste amazing.

They get heirloom tomatoes every day, too, along with purple bush beans still growing, the raspberries (you can see them in the top of the picture if you click on it) in abundance, and the herbs still flourishing. Needless to say, I'm trying not be envious that they get to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

No comments: