Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Mission, ie, Skirt Accomplished


Ah, such a good feeling when I've accomplished something that turned out good for once and that I actually like it. =)
Anyone else here ever make something and then you end up despising it once it's finished? About a month ago I made an everyday dress for summer out of some fabric that I just LOVE and it looks like a potato sack on me - still not sure what do with it and here it was out of my favorite "Betsy" style dress pattern (from our catalog). Something when wrong somewhere... I'd like to think that I lost a few lbs, but that hasn't happened yet so far. Must get back to walking... =)

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I made my skirt for Michael's graduation out of that fabric. :)

Cheri said...

That is what Erin said. =)

Does your's have a flounce on the botton?

Rachel said...

No, it's just an a-line ankle-length skirt. I like your flounce, though. :)

muzic4him said...

Very, very pretty! I simply love the fabric! Totally my style! Is this a pattern you would be willing to share? I've been having a terrible time finding skirts, and a nice pattern to make my own would be nice!

Hugs to you! I'm thinking of you lots these days!

Cheri said...

Thankyou. =) Sure, I'll copy the pattern down for you. It is REALLY easy ... I could probably just e-mail the directions. That's how my friends shared it with me. =)

As far as the fabric, I got it at JoAnn's and it is apart of The Prairie Girl Collection. If I remember it isn't the cheapest per yard, so I used a coupon to help bring the price down.

Katie said...

Hi Cheri,

I really like that pattern! Would you be willing to email me the directions too? (I think you have my email address... if not then comment back and I'll email you directly with it)

Thanks!
Katie Sterland

Cheri said...

Sure Katie, I'd be glad to although I'm not sure if I have your e-mail address or not...