Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dress It Up - Wear a Belt!

For a long time I've always associated wearing belts jeans or dress slacks. But then over the last couple of years, I've seen more and more pictures pop up of women wearing belts with their outfits.

Like these two pictures, you could wear it over the waistband of a skirt with a tucked in tank top, or a pretty blouse. Or, wear it over a loose shirt or tunic like my friend Laura did below. It could be skinny or wide, black or brown or any color that might add some "pop" to your outfit.

I opted to wear it over my shirt since it is longer in length, and being an hourglass-shape who still needs to lose a few extra pounds, things don't look to classy tucked into anything around my waist!

I'm wearing a thrifted white shirt (Jones New York brand), a thrifted red toile circle skirt (no brand), and a thrifted skinny black belt (Kohl's). What's odd is that up until the day I wore this, I never paired either of these together even though all of them have been in my closet for 4+ years!

PS. Later this morning, look for a couple things in the shop that are inspired by today's Dress It Up outfit.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I have that second image saved in a file of favorites, too! I'm looking forward to having a waist again... ;-)
Your red toile skirt is pretty and the whole outfit looks nice together.