Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Little Things

Seeing little blossoms beginning to bloom, such as my forget-me-nots and johnny-jump-ups, remind me  to take a moment and appreciate the small things in life: to actually take note of and thank God for them.

Some this past week have been "Reflections on a quiet stream," "A young butterfly in its flight of new freedom" "Carrot Cake success" "Long morning Shadows."

[Is anyone familiar with Johnny-Jump-Ups? I never heard of them until I saw them in Tasha Tudor's Garden. If you're familiar with Violas (approx. half the size of a standard pansy) then just imagine these to be half the size of those. Look at a finger nail on your hand, and yes, they are about that size.]


Well, these gorgeous roses are exactly "little" but they cause me to thank the Lord that my parents have stayed together for 31 years. Last week was their anniversary and Dad bought Mom these roses for the occasion. A week later and we're still enjoying them!


What can you be thankful for today?

["I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." Ps. 34:1]

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Beautiful post!

-Sarah