Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thursday, Tea, and Tidbits


Elisabeth Elliot writes in her book, Let Me Be a Woman:

"The way you keep house, the way you organize your time, the care you take in your personal appearance, the things you spend your money on all speak loudly about what you believe. 'The beauty of Thy peace' shines forth in an ordered life. A disordered life speaks loudly of disorder in the soul." emphasis mine

I ask myself: What do I believe about God? about myself? about my circumstances? about my future? It shows in my daily life, whether I want it to or not.



My sister shared the following a couple weeks ago and I found it to be most helpful to be reminded of Truth:

Kids don't have to turn out like their parents... and I'm glad.
Our past doesn't have to be our future... and I'm glad.
God's mercies are new every single morning... and I'm glad about that.
The evil one will NOT get the last say.. And I'm glad about that.
Our enemy will fall into the trap that he set for us... and I'm glad about that.
For all those who love God and are called according to His pu
rpose, everything has to work out for our good... and I'm glad about that.
We have not out-sinned Christ's ability to forgive us... and I am glad about that.
Christ will come back and He will claim His kingdom... and I am glad about that.
There is a world coming that will have no more bad news, no more crying, no more sickness, no more death... and I am glad about that.
The last enemy Christ will slay is death... and I am glad.
Psalm 126:3, "The Lord has done great things for us and we are glad."
 
(Beth Moore, Passion 2013)
 
 
 
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you
free." John 8:32
 

No comments: