Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Caving In & Other Rambles

Every year around this time, we keep telling ourselves, "No, wait until after Thanksgiving," to listen to our Christmas music CDs or watch our favorite Christmas movies (White Christmas, anyone??).

This year we sort of "cheated" that rule since my older sister was feverishly practicing carols for her new Christmas CD that she just finished recording. She is a wonderful harpist, for those who didn't know, and has produced four albums. Yours truly played the violin on one of them, though now I cringe at hearing myself since I've attempted to be more proficient on my instrument by way of studying violin performance at college (two more years to go!)

The other day I was browsing one of my favorite thrift stores and I bought a John Rutter Christmas CD for $2 in like-new condition. And yes, I caved in and have already been playing it in my car. :)

Snow will be here tonight, Lord willing, and as much as I wish to bring out the Christmas decorations, I must content myself with hot chocolate, thick sweaters, and sewing.

Here are a few sneak peeks at what I have on my table:


The ingredients for a perfect Christmas apron to sell in the shop. I'm thinking a simple Tasha Tudor style, but if you must have this fabric in another style, leave a comment or send me a note through etsy, and I'll try to accommodate you!


I've decided that I'm going to make myself a Christmas dress out of this pretty deep teal cotton/poly/rayon (???) blend. It's not red or green, but then I can sometimes be somewhat "original" in nature. ;P I briefly mentioned it in this post of historical patterns and will be doing it in the 1933 Vintage Vogue pattern. Right now I can't decide which button to use. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Cheri,

I know what you mean, it is hard to wait to listen to Christmas music! I love harp music, it is one of the most beautiful instruments to listen to. When is your sister's Christmas cd coming out?

I love the fabrics you have chosen for your new sewing projects. The teal fabric will make a terrific vintage dress.

May you have blessed day!

-Sarah

Cheri said...

Sarah,

Her new CD could come out as soon as a month if she can get her artwork/cover photos together by the first of December. I'll be sure to make a blog post when they're available!