::ahem:: Not exactly the look I was going for!
I went with the vintage rhinestone-studded button from my stash (my camera refused to pick up its clarity, so I apologize). This way I can wear silver, black, or even pearled accessories with the dress if needed.
After I put away my pattern, teal threads, and whatnot, I pulled out my new-to-me 1940s housecoat pattern. If you've been a longtime reader, you may remember this long sleeved flannel robe I made from the same pattern (though a size smaller). My older sister now owns it, and apparently I sold it to her for $14. ::blink:: You can barely buy 2 yards of flannel for that price, let alone 5 yards!!
I'm making the short sleeved version this time around and shorting the skirt by a good 13" or so. Part of the reason is because of the vintage fabric I chose for it (an antique store find for $3) was measuring about 3 yards. But I thought it'd make an excellent robe/housecoat for spring, summer, and autumn wear.
I was hoping to use some vintage lace for the collar, sleeves, and pocket, but I didn't have enough of what I had on hand. My next consideration was white piping, but I don't have any on hand, so I chose some vintage rick rack. One can never go wrong with using it! ;) In fact, I think I almost like the idea of the subtle touch rather than a glaring white piping or lace.
Have a happy Thursday!