Monday, June 30, 2014

One Day, Three Aprons

Today was my day off this week (other than Sunday, which I always have off) and I decided to fire up the machines in the sewing room, pull out my apron patterns, grab the piles of fabric on my table, and start cutting out. My intention was to sew at least one apron for the shop today and leave the others for another day.

But as the saying goes, "there's no time like the present" I sat myself down and hardly got up all day. The radio was on and Charity (my Persian cat, if you're new to the blog) was sleeping on a quilt beside me, so I was in good company. Perhaps it helped spur me on by not stopping and to complete three aprons today. While I've done my share of sewing over the last 15 years, to my knowledge I have never completed three items from fabric yardage to garments in the space of one day. Here's the proof.

Now I'm off to fix a cup of tea and continue on in my newly-acquired vintage book of "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall."

2 comments:

~ Shannon said...

The aprons are lovely, Cheri! Kudos to you and your sewing "sprint!" And I hope you enjoy "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" -- I found it quite intriguing.

Blessings,
Shannon

Cheri said...

Thanks, Shannon. Now that I've gotten past the first few introductory chapters, (those always take a bit to get through and figure out who everyone is, or appears to be) I'm really engrossed in the book. :)